1. Soak nine 6” bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the halloumi into 18 cubes, about 1” each.
3. Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife slice the zucchini lengthwise into very thin slices, a scant 1/8” thick.
4. Place the slices of zucchini on a baking sheet and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Let the slices sit for 10 minutes, this will make them pliable and easier to fold into ribbons.
5. Each skewer will have 2 cubes of halloumi, 2 cherry tomatoes and 1 ribbon of zucchini. First, thread bamboo skewer with one cube halloumi, a red cherry tomato and carefully accordion fold a zucchini ribbon onto a skewer, followed by another piece of halloumi and ending with a yellow cherry tomato. Transfer the skewers to a baking sheet and brush generously with prepared pesto.
6. Heat a grill pan or BBQ to medium. Grill the skewers for 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping occasionally, until the halloumi is golden in spots and beginning to melt and the tomatoes are a little charred and about to burst about 4 or 5 minutes.