1. Heat a 3 quart ovenproof skillet on medium high heat. Add in the olive oil, followed by the ground beef and brown for 6-8 minutes until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add in the diced onion, minced garlic, ground cinnamon, ground clove and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the onions have softened.
3. Add in the tomato paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add in the dry Ditalini pasta and turn heat down to a gentle simmer. Cover with a lid and allow to cook until the ditalini pasta is cooked to ‘al dente’, approximately of 12-15 minutes stirring every 2-3 minutes or so.
5. While the pasta is cooking, preheat the oven broiler on high and prepare the bechamel sauce: heat a medium sauce pan and melt the butter. Add in the flour and cook together stirring constantly until a smooth paste forms.
6. Slowly begin adding in the warm milk a few splashes at a time, stirring between each addition until smooth before each addition. Once all of the milk has been incorporated add in half of the grated kefalotyri cheese and stir until incorporated. Remove the bechamel from the heat and stir in the egg yolk, season with salt and pepper.
7. Season the cooked pasta and sauce mixture with salt, pepper and half of the chopped parsley. Evenly pour or ladle the bechamel over top and sprinkle with the remaining kefalotyri cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes until deep golden brown and bubbly on top. Sprinkle remaining chopped parsley and serve.