1. Roll out puff pastry and cut into 4×6-inch pieces.
2. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes, until golden.
3. Place olive oil in a pan and add tomato, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Fry the eggplant.
5. In a baking tray, layer 1 tbsp. anthotyro, 1 tbsp. olive paste,1 or 2 eggplant slices, and tomato sauce on top.
6. Cover with pastry piece and repeat the process. (Anthotyro on the bottom, olive paste, eggplant, tomato sauce).
7. Finish with puff pastry on top.
8. Preheat over at 400°F (200°C) and bake for 4 minutes.
9. Serve hot.
Tip: “Anthotyro” is a soft white cheese. In this recipe, it can be replaced with mascarpone. For a stronger flavor, try adding chopped basil leaves in each layer.