1. To start, preheat your air fryer to 300 ºF for 5 minutes. Chop 4 cups of bite-sized broccoli florets and toss with olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
Add 1 tbsp of water to the bottom of the air fryer pan and transfer the seasoned broccoli to the basket of your air fryer.
2. Air fry at 300 ºF for 5-7 minutes, pulling the basket out once to shake the broccoli to ensure even cooking. Air fry until broccoli is soft, but still has a bite, and is golden brown in places. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook your couscous: add ½ tsp of salt, 1 tsp of olive oil and 2/3 cup of pearl couscous to a saucepan of 1 cup of boiling water. Cover the pot with a lid, and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed, and the couscous is al dente. If the water has been absorbed and the couscous is not yet al dente, add 2 tbsp more water and continue cooking until done. Drain the couscous, return to the saucepan, and season with remaining 1 tsp of olive oil, stirring well to coat the couscous with olive oil.
4. Cover and set aside until ready to assemble the salad. Time to get fancy…ish. In a pan set to medium high heat, toast ¼ cup of pine nuts until golden. They toast very quickly, so make sure to give them your full attention, being careful not to burn. While you don’t NEED to do this step, we do encourage it, as the pine nuts add creaminess and texture to this summer salad.
5. Now it’s time to assemble: whisk together 1 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp Krinos Extra Virgin olive oil, ¼ tsp fine sea salt and 1 clove of garlic, grated on a microplane grater. Add the air fried broccoli and the cooked couscous to the dressing and toss thoroughly. Add the pine nuts, parsley and crumbled feta, and toss gently one more time.
Taste the salad, and if needed, adjust the seasoning with a hint of more salt. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
What interesting dishes have you made with your Air Fryer?
Notes: Please check the instructions of your Air Fryer as times and temperature settings for cooking vegetables vary from one brand to another. This recipe was tested using a Cosori Air Fryer XL 5.8QT Electric Fryer Oven.