1. Preheat oven to 475°F (250°C).
2. Wash meat.
3. On a plate combine salt, pepper, and crushed garlic.
4. Cut cheese into thin slices.
5. Pierce meat and place mixture of garlic, salt, and pepper into the openings.
6. Mix mint or spearmint with cheeses.
7. Oil a lidded baking dish.
8. Place lamb on rolled out Fillo pastry sheets.
9. Brush lamb with olive oil and brush remaining olive oil onto Fillo sheets.
10. Sprinkle lamb with mixture of cheese and mint.
11. Wrap lamb entirely in Fillo sheets.
12. Moisten Fillo sheets and join together.
Cover and bake at 475°F (250°C) for 30 minutes on bottom rack.
Turn lamb over and bake uncovered at 400°F (200°C) for another 45 minutes.
Serve with Greek salad, Monemvasia vegetable soup, stuffed vine leaves
with yogurt, oven-baked potatoes, and warm bread.
Accompany with red wine.