1. Add the sugar, wine and cinnamon in a saucepan and bring to a boil stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the figs and simmer for another 4-5 minutes until soft. Remove the figs with a slotted spoon and allow the syrup to boil until the liquid thickens and reduces to half.
3. Blend 4 figs into the syrup so that it thickens into a smooth sauce.
4. Make the filling by beating all the ingredients together very well.
5. Starting from the stem, slice the remaining 12 figs in half without cutting all the way through leaving the bottom edges attached.
6. Fill each fig with the creamy filling and top with fig sauce.