1. Wash lentils.
2. Peel and chop onions.
3. Wash tomatoes and purée in food processor.
4. Peel and chop garlic.
1. Boil lentils in 5 cups of water for 20 minutes.
2. In a separate pot, boil the pasta in salted water and 2 drops of olive oil.
3. Sauté garlic and onion in a medium non-stick frying pan with a wooden spoon.
4. Add tomato juice, salt, and pepper; boil for 10 minutes.
5. Top with basil and remove from heat.
6. Drain pasta and without rinsing, return them to the pan.
7. Drain lentils and mix with sauce.
8. Add olive oil.
9. Serve pasta topped with sauce and basil leaf.
10. Add grated cheese (optional).
Serve with Greek salad and fish.
Accompany with beer, wine or mineral water.