1. Remove hard okra stems. If okra is frozen, rinse off ice.
2. Drizzle with vinegar and season with salt.
3. If desired, leave okra in sun for 1 hour.
4. Cut or grate carrots and onion.
5. Finely chop fresh tomatoes or puree in food processor.
1. Place okra in a large enameled baking dish.
2. Add onions, carrots, and tomatoes.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toss well, cover.
5. Bake at 410°F (210°C) for for 1 hour.
6. Add parsley, then pour in olive oil before serving.
Serve with Mykonian potato salad, Danforth saganaki, Giorgios cuttlefish, Da Napoli chick pea soup.
Accompany with carbonated mineral water or beer.